Georgetown University Center for Children and Families (CCF), part of the McCourt School of Public Policy’s Health Policy Institute, is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter to serve as a Senior Health Policy Analyst. This position will work with the team of researchers and staff at CCF to provide technical assistance (TA) to state partner organizations seeking to improve health care coverage for children and families. State partners, including but not limited to child health advocacy groups, look to CCF for technical policy expertise and strategic advice on complex federal and state policy issues. Apply here.
The Senior State Health Policy Analyst is a key member of the CCF TA team that works with state child health partners to provide policy resources, information, and expertise.
- Overseeing and coordinating TA to state partners by organizing regular calls, providing follow-up resources, and helping to identify policy themes across states.
- Responding to and triaging requests for technical assistance or policy clarification from state partners.
- Overseeing agenda planning and logistics for CCF’s annual conference.
- Providing support to CCF staff to meeting the policy and communications needs of state partners, including identifying common themes and needs across states.
- Conduct and help to support policy analysis and research that informs publications, presentations, memos, or other documents relative to state policy work.
- As able and appropriate, make presentations and contribute to CCF written products.
- 3-5 years of experience in health or social policy.
- Master’s Degree in public policy, public health, law, or related field.
- Excellent project coordination experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, team environment for a mission-oriented organization.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise.
- Knowledge of health policy, particularly public coverage programs, and state policy-making is advantageous.
The position is located in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience. Georgetown University benefits apply.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.