Policy and Communications Intern
The Georgetown University Center for Children and Families (CCF) seeks a candidate with strong skills in research and writing to serve as an intern.
Candidates should have knowledge or strong interest in the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and state and/or federal health policy issues. In addition to research and writing skills, candidates must be detail oriented and possess proficiency using Microsoft office programs. Experience with public policy and social media is a plus.
- Provide support for administrative tasks.
- Provide research support for projects, including written reports, presentations, and policy analysis.
- Assist in monitoring state legislative and administrative activities in relation to child and family health coverage.
- Assist in compiling and quality-checking state and federal data for web-based resources and tools.
- Provide assistance on research topics related to CHIP, Medicaid, and the ACA.
- Update, categorize, and maintain CCF media lists and track articles of reporters.
- Generate monthly web statistics using Google Analytics.
- Track media clips on specified child health issues.
- Update CCF website, including categorization of CCF publications and blog posts.
- Track participants of CCF conference calls and webinars.
- Assist with planning annual summer conference.
- Other communications, policy and research, or administrative duties as needs arise.
Specific hours to be determined. Summer interns work up to 40 hours per week, with opportunity to extend beyond summer.
Compensation depends on experience; standard is $15/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Alisa Chester (Alisa.Chester@georgetown.edu).
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.