Communications and Social Media Manager
Georgetown University Center for Children and Families (CCF), part of the McCourt School of Public Policy’s Health Policy Institute, is seeking a detail-oriented communications professional to serve as its Communications and Social Media Manager. This position will develop and implement a social media strategy, support the center’s strategic communications plan and work closely with state partners. CCF is a non-profit policy and research organization whose mission is to find policy solutions to improve health coverage for low-income children and families. The position is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking for opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with CCF staff and state-based partners to promote sound health policy solutions based on CCF’s data-driven approach.
- Translate data into compelling info-graphics and talking points that can be easily shared through social media channels by CCF and its partners.
- Track and analyze social media metrics and develop strategies for increasing social media engagement and development of editorial calendar.
- Monitor CCF’s social media channels and collaborate with communications team on how to best engage with key audiences
- Draft communications materials and create content for website and social media channels.
- Take lead role in managing CCF’s website.
- Build good working relationships with state-based children’s health organizations by helping them achieve their communications goals and adapting CCF policy into products that targeted to state audiences.
- Develop and execute strategic communications efforts specific to multicultural audiences with an emphasis on Hispanic/Latino and African American populations.
- Regularly track and report on how CCF and our targeted health policy issues are being discussed by social media and national media outlets.
- Help communications team evaluate the effectiveness of outreach and communications strategies and recommend new strategies to achieve CCF’s strategic communication’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of experience or Master’s degree with five years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, public policy or related field.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills required, experience writing and editing blogs, social media posts, op-eds and press releases targeted to a variety of audiences preferred.
- Experience in engaging communities via social media and tracking metrics to support social media strategies (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Proficiency in Word Press and Microsoft Office 2013 used for word processing, email, presentations and spreadsheets. Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
- Excellent project coordination experience. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, team environment for a mission-oriented organization.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
The position is located in Washington, D.C. Salary is commensurate with experience. Georgetown University benefits apply. Minority candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates may apply here and reference Job #20142308.