Georgetown University Center for Children and Families (CCF), part of the McCourt School of Public Policy’s Health Policy Institute, is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter to serve as its Executive Policy Assistant. This position provides organizational support to CCF’s executive director and other staff. CCF is a non-profit policy and research organization whose mission is to expand coverage for low-income children and families.
- Provide administrative support to CCF’s Executive Director by maintaining executive schedules, tracking down research and publications, and scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Serve as CCF’s administrative lead by scheduling and providing logistical support for meetings, maintaining the master calendar and filing systems, and other administrative support as needed.
- Coordinate and manage CCF’s electronic mailing lists, list servs, and e-mail communications (e.g. newsletters, alerts, and/or notices.)
- Manage and/or oversee the layout, design and production of reports, issue briefs, power point presentations and other products in collaboration with lead authors and communications staff.
- Undertaking special projects as time permits, including assisting staff with health policy research and writing tasks.
- College degree with preferred one to two years of work experience in an office setting.
- Excellent project coordination and administrative experience. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Must be highly computer literate and technologically/web savvy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, team environment for a mission-oriented organization.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to tackle new projects as they arise.
The position is located in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience. Georgetown University benefits apply.