An important topic for the coming years is the future of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which was recently funded through 2017. Based on research findings, including our analyses on the strength of CHIP benefits and affordability for children, the continued strength of CHIP and Medicaid in the coming years will be critical to maintain our nation’s significant gains in children’s coverage.
Future of CHIP Key Reports:
- Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015: Summary of Key Provisions Impacting Children
- CHIP Federal Matching Rates, FY 2016
- Children’s Health Coverage in Arizona: A Cautionary Tale for the Future of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Dismantling CHIP in Arizona: How Losing KidsCare Impacts a Child’s Health Care Costs
- 50-State Survey of Eligibility, Enrollment, Renewal, and Cost-Sharing Policies in Medicaid and CHIP as of January 2015
- Making Kids Wait for Coverage Makes No Sense in a Reformed Health System