In This Report:
CCF comments on proposed rule CMS-2406-P2, “Medicaid Program; Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services— Rescission.”
CCF comments on proposed rule CMS-2408-P, “Medicaid Program; Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) Managed Care.”
CCF comments on TennCare II Demonstration, Amendment 42.
CCF comments on proposed rule CMS-2406-P, “Medicaid Program; Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services- Exemptions for States with High Managed Care Penetration Rates and Rate Reduction Threshold.”
CCF comments on CMS-2390-F, “Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Programs; Medicaid Managed Care, CHIP Delivered in Managed Care, and Revisions Related to Third Party Liability, published May 6, 2016.
CCF comment on CMS–2328–NC, “Medicaid Program; Request for Information (RFI) – Data Metrics and Alternative Processes for Access to Care in the Medicaid Program,” submitted December 24, 2015.
CCF comment on CMS–2328–FC, “Medicaid Program; Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Services,” submitted to CMS December 24, 2015.
CCF comment regarding Medicaid Services “Received Through” an Indian Health Service/Tribal (IHS) facility, submitted November 16, 2015.
CCF comments on Federal Register 80: 31098-31297. Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Programs; Medicaid Managed Care, CHIP Delivered in Managed Care, Medicaid and CHIP Comprehensive Quality Strategies, and Revisions Related to Third Party Liability; Proposed Rules, published June 1, 2015.
CCF comments on Proposed Rule 80 Federal Register 20455, published April 16, 2015. This proposed rule permanently extends an enhanced federal match of 90% to finance qualifying state eligibility and enrollment systems for Medicaid and CHIP.
CCF comments on Proposed Rule 80 Federal Register 19417, April 10, 2015. This rule pertains to the application of Mental Health Parity Requirements to Coverage offered by Medicaid Managed Care Organizations and Children’s Health Insurance Programs.
- CMS presentation on Alternative Benefit Plans in the final rule
- CMS presentation on Eligibility and Enrollment in the final rule
- CCF Immigrant Addendum
- Children’s Health Group Letter
- Proposed Rule: Federal Register, 78: 4594-4724 (January 22, 2013).
CCF comments on Federal Register, 78: 6109-6111, January 29, 2013. The notice seeks comment on the single, streamlined model application.
CCF comments on Request for information, January 24, 2013. This solicitation seeks public input to aid in the development of an initial set of business process performance indicators for all state Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) programs.
Federal Register, 78: 19918-19947, April 2, 2013. This final rule implements and interprets the increased FMAP rates that will be applicable beginning January 1, 2014 and sets forth conditions for states to claim these increased FMAP rates.
CCF comments on Federal Register, 77: 59409-59410, September 27, 2012. The proposed rule seeks comment on data collection for the application to register for permanent residence and has implications for Medicaid due to the public charge questions.
CCF comments on Federal Register, 76: 51148-5199, August 12, 2011. The proposed rule implements sections of the ACA related to Medicaid and CHIP eligibility, enrollment simplification, and coordination.
Federal Register, 76: 21950-21975, April 19, 2011. This final rule revises the Medicaid regulations for Mechanized Claims Processing and Information Retrieval Systems. It also provides for an enhanced federal matching rate for the development of such systems.
CCF comments on Federal Register, 75: 24470-24482, May 5, 2010. This interim final rule adopts the categories of information that will be collected and displayed as Web portal content, and the data we will require from issuers and request from States, associations, and high risk pools in order to create this content.
- Transitioning Low-Income Children from a Separate Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to Medicaid, October 18, 2013.
- State Medicaid Director letter, September 16, 2013. The purpose of this letter is to update on reporting instructions for September Baseline Data Submission and Instructions for Account Creation for Web-Based Fillable Form for Initial Data Submission Beginning in October.
- State Medicaid Director Letter, August 23, 2013. The purpose of this letter is to update you on ongoing efforts to work with states to improve Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) data and data analytic capacity through the Medicaid and CHIP Business Information Solutions (MACBIS) initiative.
- State Health Official Letter, August 15, 2013. This letter describes Payment Error Rate Measurement (PERM) Eligibility reviews, Medicaid Eligibility Quality Control (MEQC) Program, and development of an interim approach for assessing payment error for eligibility.
- State Health Official Letter, May 17, 2013. This letter describes five specific targeted enrollment strategies and provides guidance for states interested in adopting them.
- State Health Official Letter, April 4, 2011. This letter provides initial guidance regarding the new option to receive federal matching funds for coverage of children of state employees through CHIP.
- State Medicaid Director Letter, May 19, 2011. This letter provides further more detailed guidance on the State expenditures related to the development and sustaining of health information exchanges that may be eligible for the 90% match.
- State Medicaid Director Letter, February 25, 2011. This letter provides guidance on the “maintenance of effort” (MOE) provisions.
- HHS Letter to States on Maintenance-of-Effort Requirements, February 3, 2011
- State Medicaid Director Letter, October 1, 2010. This letter provides guidance on section 6411 of the Affordable Care Act, Expansion of the Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Program.
- State Health Official/State Medicaid Director Letter, October 1, 2010. This letter provides guidance on the changes CMS is making in the State plan amendment (SPA) review process.
- State Health Official/State Medicaid Director Letter, September 28, 2010. This letter provides guidance on sections 2501 and 2502 of the ACA, which pertain to Medicaid prescription drug rebates, rebates for Medicaid managed care organization drugs, and the excluded drug provisions in Medicaid.
- State Health Official/State Medicaid Director Letter, September 9, 2010. This letter provides guidance on section 2302 of the ACA, which removes the prohibition on receiving curative treatment after the election of hospice benefits in Medicaid and CHIP.
- State Health Official/State Medicaid Director Letter, April 22, 2010. This letter provides information on section 2501 of ACA and section 1206 of the reconciliation bill concerning the Medicaid prescription drug rebates.
- State Health Official/State Medicaid Director Letter, April 9, 2010. This letter provides guidance on section 2001 of the ACA, which establishes the option for states to begin providing Medicaid to the lowest income adults, without regard to categorical limitations, as of April 1, 2010.
- FAQs: Telephonic Applications, Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility Policy and 75/25 Federal Matching Rate, August 9, 2013.
- FAQs on Exchanges, Market Reforms and Medicaid, December 10, 2012. These FAQs clarify questions about federal match dollars for the Medicaid expansion
- Medicaid/CHIP Affordable Care Act Implementation: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, November 19, 2012. This FAQ clarifies states’ obligations with respect to upgrading their Medicaid/CHIP eligibility and enrollment system as required under the Affordable Care Act.
- Guidance on State Alternative Applications for Health Coverage, June 18, 2013. This guidance is intended to provide background on the development, review, and approval of alternative applications that states may use instead of the model application developed by CMS.
- Guidance for Exchange and Medicaid Information Technology (IT) Systems 2.0, May 31, 2011. This guidance is designed to help states achieve interoperability between information technology (IT) components in the federal and state entities that work together to provide health insurance coverage through the Exchange, Medicaid or CHIP programs.
- Guidance for Exchange and Medicaid Information Technology (IT) Systems, November 3, 2010. The purpose of this document is to assist states as they design, develop, implement, and operate technology and systems projects in support of the Affordable Care Act relating to the establishment and operation of Exchanges, as well as coverage expansions.